1. Our Commitment to Privacy
2. The Information We Collect
CauseWash is a fundraising platform to raise support for spefic causes of 501(c)(3) charity. CauseWash's core principles are that consumers can use their great purchasing power and leverage that spending for raising awareness and money for local causes they choose. The Site is intended to provide this great experience without requiring you to submit any more personal information than is reasonably necessary to use the Site effectively.
We collect the following categories of information from you:
1. Information Collected From Charities
If you are a charity or nonprofit (each a "Charity") and you establish an account with CrowdRise, we will collect the name, tax ID, physical address, email address, birthday and phone number of the person who establishes a Charity account.
2. Passive Gathering of Information Electronically
1. Cookies - If you are a charity or nonprofit (each a "Charity") and you establish an account with CauseWash, we will collect the name, tax ID, physical address, email address, birthday and phone number of the person who establishes a Charity account.
2. Web Beacons - A web beacon is a transparent image file. Web beacons enable CauseWash to track website usage information, such as the number of times a given web page has been viewed. Web beacons are invisible to you and (unlike cookies) are not placed on your computer. We may use them association with cookies to understand how visitors interact with the pages and content on the pages of the Site.
We may also use Web beacons to track whether you have opened an HTML email. When the email is opened, a part of the code that makes up the HTML page calls a web server to load the web beacon that then generates a record showing that the email has been viewed. Web Beacons may also recognize when the email was opened, how many times it was forwarded and which URL’s (links within the email) were clicked.
3. Pixel Tags - In addition, we use "Pixel Tags" (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ personally identifiable information.
4. How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals - We do not currently respond to "do not track" signals or other mechanisms that might enable consumers to opt out of tracking on our Site.
6. E-mail Communications - When you send an email to CauseWash, we may retain your email address and the contents of the email you send.
7. Aggregated Information - From time to time, we may also ask you to provide us information that is not intended to allow us to identify you personally. This information may be aggregated and used for our internal purposes or for creating reports for third-party advertisers and partners, or otherwise shared with third parties for any lawful purpose, without your permission.
8. Information from Third Parties - It may be necessary, in rare cases, for us to obtain address or other information about you from third-party sources for fraud prevention or for legal compliance, to enforce our legal rights or to protect the rights of other users of the Site and our services.
3. How We Use Information
When you provide us with your personal information, we may use such information for a number of purposes, including:
- To facilitate communication between CauseWash and you including, without limitation, responding to your questions or comments, sending emails concerning our products and services including upcoming events, announcements, and sweepstakes, or to contact you for feedback regarding us, advertisers or business partners;
- To administer your account, process sales, provide products or services to you and for CauseWash marketing and promotional activities;
- To provide a report to a Charity to whom you have made a purchase;
- To provide a report to a partner who is helping promote a Charity; To provide a report to our advertisers or business partners that tells them who responded to a particular offer or to facilitate the fulfillment of an order that you have made with an advertiser or business partner;
- To provide you with important functionality changes to the Site, new CauseWash services and, to the extent permitted by law, special offers from CauseWash and reputable third parties that we think you will find valuable;
- To customize, analyze, adjust and improve the Site to meet our, advertisers’ or business partners’ needs and expectations;
- To enforce our agreements with you, prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities, for other legally permissible purposes and generally to ensure that we comply with applicable laws;
4. Credit Card Information
CauseWash does not collect, store or otherwise maintain any credit card information from individuals who make a donation through the Site. Purchases, including information associated with your credit card, are processed by our partner, FirstData.
First Data Corporation is a global payment technology solutions company headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, United States. First Data handles 45% of all US credit and debit transactions, including handling prepaid gift card processing for many US brands such as Starbucks. It processes over $1 trillion in card transactions annually. When you purchase through CauseWash and we use FirstData to process your purchase, you agree to the a http://www.firstdata.com/en_us/privacy.html.
5. Important Disclosures, Practices and Contact Information
1. Third-party Links - The Site may contain links to third-party websites. Please be aware that CauseWash cannot control and is not responsible for the information collection practices of such websites, which may differ from those of CauseWash. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies of these web sites before providing any information to them.
2. Data Security - We maintain a variety of safeguards designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, loss, misuse, alteration and disclosure. For example, we use industry accepted tools and techniques to protect against unauthorized access to our systems. We implement both physical and technological protocols to limit access to your personal information. Those employees or third parties who have access to your personal information are permitted to access and use it only to the extent necessary to fulfill their responsibilities to us, to keep the information confidential, and are not permitted to use such information for any other purpose. We keep your personal information only as long as it is required and we destroy, delete or convert such information into an anonymous form when it is no longer required.
You should be aware, however, that CauseWash has no control over the security of other websites on the Internet that you might visit even when a link may appear to those websites from our Site. If you share your computer or use a computer that is accessed by the general public, remember to sign off and close your browser window when you have finished your session. This will help to ensure that others cannot access your personal information.
We want you to feel confident using the Site. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take commercially reasonable steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches or other communications always will remain secure. In the event of a breach of the confidentiality or security of your personal information, we will notify you if reasonably possible and as reasonably necessary so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may notify you under such circumstances using the email address(es) we have on record for you. You should also take care with how you handle and disclose your personal information.